Salted Nut Roll Bars (2024)

Published: | Modified: | Author: Amanda Livesay

Jump to Recipe

Salted Nut Roll Bars are going to be your new favorite dessert! Layers of cake, marshmallows, and a peanut butter, Rice Krispies, peanut mixture. It starts with a yellow cake mix so it’s really easy!

Salted Nut Roll Bars (1)

January is a hard month to be a food blogger. I mean, the last few months have all had a theme. September was football, October was pumpkin & Halloween, November was Thanksgiving, and December was Christmas.

But there’s nothing in January.

I’m posting healthy/paleo stuff because I hear it’s popular around this time of year but every time I do, someone unsubscribes and uses the “content not relevant” option.

Which then causes a conversation with my husband that goes something like this: “WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?! Are they saying that my content is not relevant to THEIRlife? Or are they sayingI’mnot relevant? Am I old? Am I too old for the internet?!”

And my husband just looks at me. Because how do you even respond to that?

Salted Nut Roll Bars (2)

Ingredients

• 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1 egg
  • ¾ cup melted butter
  • 3 cups miniature marshmallows
  • 12 ounce bag peanut butter chips
  • ½ cup light corn syrup
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups salted peanuts
  • 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal

How To Make Salted Nut Roll Bars

• Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 9×9 inch pan with parchment or spray with baking spray.
  • Beat together the cake mix, egg, and ¼ cup of butter. Press into the prepared pan and bake for about 10 – 12 minutes until set.
  • Meanwhile, over low heat, melt the remaining ½ cup butter, peanut butter chips, and light corn syrup. Stir frequently until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Add peanuts and Rice Krispies and stir gently until everything is coated in the peanut butter mixture.
  • When the crust is done baking, top with marshmallows.
  • Return to the oven for about 3 minutes or until marshmallows are puffed.
  • Remove from oven and top with peanut mixture.
  • Refrigerate until set.
  • Cut into squares and enjoy!

How Long Are Salted Nut Roll Bars Good For?

These bars are good for about a week in the refrigerator. Make sure to store them in an airtight container – these glass airtight containers are my favorite for everything!

I would let them sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes before serving.

Can You Freeze Them?

Yes, you can freeze these Salted Nut Roll bars for up to 3 months! I would tightly wrap them individually (so you can pull 1 out of the freezer at a time!) in plastic wrap and then place them in a freezer ziploc bag.

When you are ready to serve them, let them sit in the refrigerator overnight.

More Bar Recipes

• No Bake Million Dollar Pie Bars
  • No Bake Cheerios Bars
  • Ambrosia Streusel Bars
  • Samoas Bars
  • Avalanche Bars
  • Cake Batter Blondie Bars
  • 4th of July Rice Krispies Treats

Make sure yousubscribe to my email listto get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!

You can also follow me onInstagram,Facebook, orPinterestfor even more!

Salted Nut Roll Bars (3)

Yield: about 16 servings

Salted Nut Roll Bars

Salted Nut Roll Bars (4)

Prep Time20 minutes

Cook Time12 minutes

Total Time32 minutes

Ingredients

• 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1 egg
  • ¾ cup melted butter, divided
  • 3 cups miniature marshmallows
  • 12 ounce bag peanut butter chips
  • ½ cup light corn syrup
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups salted peanuts
  • 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 9x9 inch pan with parchment or spray with baking spray.
  2. Beat together the cake mix, egg, and ¼ cup of butter. Press into the prepared pan and bake for about 10 - 12 minutes until set.
  3. Meanwhile, over low heat, melt the remaining ½ cup butter, peanut butter chips, and light corn syrup. Stir frequently until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Add peanuts and Rice Krispies and stir gently until everything is coated in the peanut butter mixture.
  4. When the crust is done baking, top with marshmallows. Return to the oven for about 3 minutes or until marshmallows are puffed. Remove from oven and top with peanut mixture. Refrigerate until set. Cut into squares and enjoy!

Nutrition Information:

Yield:

Serving Size:

Amount Per Serving:Calories: 497Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 472mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 3gSugar: 37gProtein: 10g

Did you make this recipe?

Tag me in your Instagram photo - @fakeginger

« Easy Honey Salmon

Hawaiian Sloppy Joes »

Reader Interactions

Comments

1. patsy brower says

After these are made can they be put in the freezer for a week before eating.

2. Joanne says

I find myself in the “existential crisis food blogger” mode also. Do I post dessert? Do I not post dessert? If I don’t post dessert will anyone read my blog? Sigh. Well, all I know is I want these salted nut rolls and I WANT THEM NOW!

3. Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom says

I say just post what you want. . It’s always a good time for marshmallows, peanut butter and Rice Krispies!! and the cakey bottom?!! yummm. . you can focus on Valentine’s day sweet treats . . early. . :) love these bars!! (plus there are always people looking for sweet treats. always.)

4. Gina says

Haha, there’s always at least one (usually many more) person that won’t be happy no matter what you do, so I say rock on with the rice krispies and peanut butter. :)

5. Christina @ Bake with Christina says

I’ve had the same problem with trying to find a “theme” for this month! Even though it’s still freezing outside, Christmas recipes are over for now :/
    But I really like these bars you’ve made! With three layers and lots of flavor, I’m game! Haha, pinned! :)

6. Marissa | Pinch and Swirl says

Not relevant? Puhhleez… ;) These bars look so delicious!

7. Amanda says

You just keep right on doing what you’re doing! You are amazing, just like these bars!

8. Jocelyn @Inside BruCrew Life says

Whatever…you are totally relevant and definitely not old!!! Girl, these bars have me wanting to drop this no sugar eating pronto!!!! I’m seriously drooling over here!

9. becky masters says

I just found you thru this recipe. So when someone unsubs a new one subs. :) im not into the paleo healthy stuff i always wait till February until its out of everyones system.

10. Dawn says

That’s really funny – No – I don’t think you’re too old for the internet!! If you are, then I am as well, and I know that I’m not!

The thing I’ve become concerned about is bloggers/cooks taking me off of their lists if I don’t look at the content each day – which actually just happened to me. I was unaware that this was how it all worked?!

Hey – Paleo on – or whatever floats your boat! You’re doing a great job! We’ll be here :)

11. Pat says

This is the time of year people say they’re looking for healthy food, but maybe they aren’t looking for it as much as they want to think they are. You couldn’t go wrong mixing in football playoff and leading-to-the-Super Bowl recipes. Then Valentine’s Day is right around the corner!

12. Amy @Very Culinary says

“…someone unsubscribes and uses the “content not relevant” option.” <<< Yes, THAT! What the heck?? People say they want healthy, but they really don't. Anything ooey gooey with caramel or cheese wins every time. And salted nut roll bars.

13. Meg @ BeardandBonnet says

These look SO good!!!!

14. Paula Jones says

People must be cleaning their inboxes because I’ve had several unsubscribes this week. So depressing. But, there’s always cake to make me smile! I’d had a similar cake before and, man, I couldn’t quit eating it! So. Good. And, I could just eat the top layer! Pinned.!

15. marla says

NEED these bars now. So tempting!

16. Alyssa says

These look delicious! I think that even though people are looking for diet food now, it won’t last long, and you can never go wrong with posting a dessert!

17. Aida@TheCraftingFoodie says

These look delicious! How can cake and rice krispies in one go wrong? Yum! And you are completely relevant (and we are definitely not old!) :)

18. niole @ I am a Honey Bee says

awww not relevant! You’re always relevant to me!!! xoxo

19. Cookbook Queen says

These. Are. Perfect. And totally relevant. And so are you. I refuse to believe we are old yet!!